If I had to say just a few positives I have gained from using BSFT, I would be struggling to cull things down.
If pressed, I would have to include:
- Self confidence/dealing with customers
- How to improve my quoting and not sell myself short
- The importance of maintaining accurate records
- Maintaining cashflow
What I believe sets you apart from other business coaches is your ability, under some extreme conditions, to never give up and to always be on the lookout for a different approach if the current one isn't working. I like to believe that I have contributed to your improvement in this area (!).
I would also like to add that your wholistic mental/practical method has helped me immensely. My business is running a whole lot better today than it would have been, if at all, because of BSFT.
We are a Hydronic Heating Installation Business based in Melbourne,
In reference to Business Strategies for Tradesmen helping us improve and manage our business it is the best decision I made 4 years ago.
When we started we had only 3 employees now we have up to 20 employees and still growing. I have found Business Strategies for Tradesmen to be very knowledgeable with there training methods. They managed to adapt there experience with our trade of business which has worked very well for us.
There are so many key features they helped with including; putting systems into place that worked for our trade; helping develop our ideas into production; and managing staff. And over all giving us the confidence to go outside our comfort zone.
Highly recommend Business Strategies for Tradesmen for any tradesman big or small!
Managing DirectorDPP Hydronics (VIC) Pty Ltd
To the Tradie/Small Business Owner,
5 Points regarding the value of Athol’s mentoring service, apart from the point someone made that he was a ‘great tool’ for a business !
Business Services for Tradies
- Offers an outsider’s perspective of my business; how someone not involved with the technicalities of my job sees my operation (eg. uniform is a PRIORITY)
- Helps me to sharpen my focus on what my best client is, where to look for that client, and ways to grab that clients attention (eg lumpy mail)
- Provides ideas to build goodwill (eg a gift to meet the need for significance)
- Helps with pricing strategy (eg low price Vs high quality)
- Streamlines back office operations by use of technology (eg IT automation of routine tasks)
- Drives accountability – the regular reviews of my performance keeps me working on important tasks and not drifting from crisis to crisis (this is more than 5 but I know you’d like a bonus)
When Athol is coaching me I often think ‘gee, I know that!’, but I doubt that I would have taken action without the prompting and the accountability of Athol’s coaching, nor would I have been able to pull it all together in a timely manner (within my lifetime). Athol will help you bring out the success in you. He is more than a ‘great tool’, he is the Secret Weapon your competitor does not have.
- BSFT are there to support and advise me through the tough times
- BSFT remind me why I'm in Business when times are tough and I'm in doubt
- BSFT show me how to run a business and not just be a tradesman
- BSFT give me Advice on business issues I don't now how to handle
- BSFT show me how to grow my business with advice on managing cashflow, employing new staff, company values and procedures.
I could go on and on but there is 5 points why BSFT are valuable to my business.
Tim Bruce Director
TJB Electrical Services Pty Ltd